Sunday, January 15, 2012

What's This Blog/Who am I/Why does it Matter

So, I kind of came out of nowhere with this blog. And not that I really give a crap whether people want to trash talk it or not, I figured I might as well given an explanation as to what this is all about.

First of all, I pretty much am never going to talk about the teams in general, the plays in general, recapping the game, etc. etc. If I wanted to do that I'd be a sports journalist. Stop right now if that's what you expect.

Lately I've heard a little bit of crap about my last post - the "letter" to Terriers (cough cough kid still in high school cough cough) and I figured I might as well clear up the whole anonymous vs. me thing. The blog itself is anonymous, but if you're not stupid you can find out who I am (cough cough twitter cough cough) and I honestly don't give a crap either way. Don't need to take credit for anything I write, but I'd never deny it either.

So why do I have the right to write what it is I do anyways? First of all, I am in no way associated with any of the teams and I can guarantee you I've had no more than a 2 minute conversation with (almost) any athlete at this school. I don't write this for them. I'm a student that's been to almost every men's and women's ice hockey games and men's and women's basketball games since I've started coming to this school. And I'm a student that night in and night out screams, bad or good, for those teams. I've been a Boston sports fan all my life and I've never been into half-assing anything. Maybe by writing this I can rub off a little bit of passion and scarlet for some of the brain dead people at this school. (By brain dead I mean I seriously met a kid the other day that didn't know we had a hockey team.)

In short - read this or don't. Keep my identity anonymous or don't. Hate on this or don't. I write this because god honest I have close to no life outside of BU Athletics.

No comments:

Post a Comment